It can be super difficult to find the time and money for good skincare when you already lead a busy life. School, groceries, bills…you name it.
We get it.
Face masks, toners and cleansers can be pretty expensive if you’re already strapped for cash, and your skin often pays the price in the form of acne breakouts, dryness and discolouration. Thankfully, it doesn’t have to be that way. This cheap, powerful product does wonders for cleansing, toning and softening your skin, and packs a major punch. Want to know how to improve your problem skin while on a budget? The answer is simple:
What exactly is bentonite clay?
Bentonite clay is actually a type of clay formed from the weathering of volcanic ash and has been used for centuries in various cultures as a natural source of cleansing and healing. It carries a strong negative charge, which means that bentonite clay’s benefits include the remarkable ability to draw out harmful toxins and impurities from within the body.
Here are just a few of bentonite clay’s uses:
- A bentonite clay mask can be applied to hair for a deep cleanse that doesn’t strip the hair of its natural oils.
- A bentonite clay mask can also be used as a natural hair conditioner! Its softening properties leave hair strands feeling light and hydrated.
- Taking a spoonful of bentonite clay mixed in water is a superb detoxifier for the body’s systems that is gentle and effective.
And of course, as a face mask!
A bentonite clay detox for skin is undoubtedly one of the best steps you can take for your skincare regimen. This mask does everything – from unclogging pores and shrinking their appearance, controlling sebum production to avoid acne caused by excess oil, naturally exfoliating the skin to remove dead skin cells, and of course, drawing out impurities to give you clean, clear skin that’s bacteria free.
Now that you know exactly bentonite clay is and what it does, let’s get into what matters:
How to use a bentonite clay mask in your skin routine
Doing a bentonite clay detox by using a bentonite clay mask for your skin is easy. All you need are 3 simple steps:
- Mix 1-2 tablespoons of clay with apple cider vinegar. You want your bentonite clay mask to have more of a thick, paste-like consistency, so keep adding clay or water until you get the right thickness.
- Allow the clay mask to dry, and leave it on for about 25-30 minutes to an hour.
- Rinse all of the bentonite clay masks off. Your skin may feel tingly and appear a bit red, but this is perfectly normal and will go away within several minutes.
And it’s that easy! You can repeat this mask every week to see the full extent of bentonite clay’s benefits.
Some may have concerns about bentonite clay’s side effects, and as with any product, doing a patch test is always recommended before doing a full bentonite clay mask detox. You might always be allergic to a product, and it’s best to find out before you’re completely covered in it. Giving your skin a bentonite clay detox will be the best decision you ever make for your skin’s health.